In association with Tata Technologies; Organized by Tata Sons / Tata Sustainability Group
Date & Day of Activity: 21st Sept 2019, Saturday
Time of Activity: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Venue : Chimbai Beach ,Bandra West ,Mumbai
Name of Activity : “Swachhata Hi Seva 2019” campaign
Name of Co-ordinator from Chetana’s R. K. Institute: Prof. Ruchika Garhwal (CRKIMR)
SPOC from Tata Technologies: Mr. Akhil Airan
SPOC from Tata Sons: Ms. Sneha Powar / Ms. Kinjal Jain
Faculties participated on the day of Activity: Prof. Geeta Shetti(CRKIMR), Prof. Seva (CIMR) , Prof. Ruchika Garhwal.
Faculty Guide & Support for the Activity: Dr. Sandeep Nemlekar (CIMR)
Names of Students coordinators:
Description of the Activity: Swachhta hi Seva 2019 was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Mathura on September 11, 2019. The Swachhta hi Seva 2019 theme is ‘plastic waste awareness and management’. The campaign is being organized from 11th September to October 2nd 2019, as the Swacha Bharat Mission (SBM) is poised to dedicate an ODF India to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary. The launch of SHS was organized jointly by the central Departments of Animal Husbandry and Dairying and Drinking Water and Sanitation and the Government of Uttar Pradesh. In order to contribute to the above campaign Tata Sons had organized a Beach Cleaning activity under Tata Sustainability Group. Mr. Akhil from Tata Technologies approached Chetana’s R. K. Institute to participate in this massive drive.
Total 52 student volunteers and 3 faculties from Chetana’s R. K. Institute of Management & Research participated in the activity. The students had reached the location at 8.30 a.m. They were provided with Gloves by Tata Technologies. Other employees from Tata Group were also present for Beach Cleaning. Everybody was enthusiastic towards the contribution to the society. Chetana’s students started cleaning the beach at 8.45 a.m. till 10.45 a.m. They overall enjoyed the activity. Later students were provided with snacks by TSG after the activity was completed. Also video bytes were taken by Tata Group of the students.
Following were the terms between Tata Technologies and Chetana’s R. K. Institute of Management & Research for the Activity as per the email sent by Mr. Akhil from Chetana’s.
- The Beach cleaning activity would take place on 21st Sep, 9-11 am at Chimbai Beach, Bandra West. Tata Sons would provide and bear for the activity and snacks for the students.
- The students participation would be approx.. 30-40 students, max. 50.
- In branding, Chetana’s Institute may use Tata Logo, Tata Technologies logo and other creatives related to the activity ( Swachhta hi Seva 2019, content etc.)
- Tata Technologies would provide the certificates to students.
- Hashtags #SHS2019, #TeamTata, #ThisisTata, #TataEngage can be used
- Provide us with a formal letter from colleges to allow Tata Sons to take pictures and videos/bytes of students during the drive.
- Travel of students would be arranged by colleges itself.
- No other financial transactions involved in the activity.
As per the communication by Ms. Kinjal, more than 40,000 kgs of garbage was collected from Chimbai Beach after the activity. It was indeed a grand success.
The entire activity was Guided and Approved by Dr. Madhumita Patil Ma’am (CEO , CIMR / CRKIMR) and Prof. Suhas Gharat (I/C Director ,CRKIMR)