Dr. Tapish Panwar
Dr. Tapish Panwar has more than twelve years of experience spread across consulting, training, academics, and corporate stints. His corporate and consulting experience spanned domestic as well as international markets in multiple domains like Sales & Marketing, IT, and the Social Sector. He has been associated with organizations like Tata Trusts, Maersk Line, Tata Motors and Cognizant in past in functional as well as reporting roles.
His academic experience has seen him work in areas like research, consulting, training, and teaching. He has undertaken training and consulting in areas like Services Marketing, Performance Marketing, Branding, and Data Analytics. He has conducted training for clients like Mahindra & Mahindra, Aditya Birla Group (& subsidiary companies), and Bajaj Consumer’s Ltd, etc. in past. His predominant teaching areas in the last four years as an academician have been Branding, Services Marketing, and Strategy.
He has published his research predominantly in the areas of Branding and Services Marketing.
He is completed his Ph.D. in Branding with a focus on the co-branding domain and has published multiple papers in this subject domain. He completed his Master in Business Administration from the Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi (Delhi University), with Marketing as a major. He also holds an Engineering degree from RGPV University, Bhopal in Electronics and Telecommunication. He qualified NET twice, in 2013 and again in 2014, and qualified for the JRF criterion in 2014 in the Management stream.
- Ph.D. in Ingredient Branding, ITM University – 2022
- National Eligibility Test (NET) and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) – 2013 and 2014
- Master of Business Administration (Marketing), Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi 2013
- BE (Electronics and Telecommunication), RGPV University, Bhopal – 2005
- Awarded ‘Best Research Paper’ at the 6th Int’l Research Conference at CRKIMR, Mumbai, 2022-23
- ‘Excellence in Education Delivery’ award for 2019-2020 by BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) Institute Ltd, 2019-20
Research Papers Published
- Khan, K., & Panwar, T. (2022). Ingredient Branding and Induced Brand Perception for Host Brands: A Study from the Food Product Category. International Journal of Special Education, Vol 37 No. 3, 12859 – 12875.
- Khan, K., & Panwar, T. (2022). Customer classification with multi-method multivariate techniques: An application on Beauty Service Industry. Oeconomia Copernicana, Vol 12, issue 4, 22-45.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2022). The ‘Beauty’ of Ingredients: Influence of Ingredient Branding on Service Purchase Decision with a Moderating Effect Approach. South Asian Journal of Management, Vol 29, Issue 1, 106-133.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2021). A typology of Service Classification for the new-age services. Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship 14(4), 27-42.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2022). Role of Trust in Influencing Service Recommendation from Customers for Beauty Service Industry. Metamorphosis 21(2), 19-30
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2021). BASE Model for Brand Engagement during COVID-19. NUJBMS 4(1&2), 14-22
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2021). Flash Sales and the Idea of Scarcity: A Double-edged Sword. aWEshkar, 28 (2), 114-122.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2021) Employee-based Marketing – The Human Touch for Marketing Services. Pacific Business Review International, Vol 13 (9).
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2021). Integrating Design Thinking in Service Design Process: A Conceptual Review. Journal of Design Thinking, Vol. 1. Issue 1, 23-36.
- Khan, K., & Panwar, T. (2020). Making of a Politician Brand in India: A Case of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. IIM-Indore Management Journal, Vol.12, Issue 1 (June ), 56-75
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2020). Evolution of Neuromarketing and its Applicability on On-demand App-based Services: A Theoretical Perspective. IUP Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. XIX, No. 4, 2020, 1-29.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2020). Ingredient Branding: A Differentiation Strategy for the Commoditized World. Paradigm (SagePub), Vol 24. Issue 2, 1-15.
- Khan, K., & Panwar, T. (2020). Role of Demographic Variables in Consumption of News on TV Channels in India. Journal of Global Economy, Vol. 16(3), 1-13.
- Panwar, T. (2020). A Review of Diffusion Models and their Applicability on App-based Services in India. Management Vision, Vol 10, Issue 1, 8-20.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2020). Article Social Listening: A Strategy to Bond with the New Age Customers. Management Dynamics, 20 (2), 1-20.
- Panwar, T. (2020, June). Article Reshaping Business using AI, but with Caution. Corporate Notepad, Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp. 26-29.
- Khan, K., & Panwar, T. (2019). Achieving sustainable competitive advantage through brand makeover. The Marketing Review, Volume 19, Numbers 3-4, 213-234.
- Panwar, T. (2019). Is there a First among Equals in Social Media Platforms for Millennials? Management Vision, Vol 9, Issue 1, 45-62.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2019). Ingredient Branding as a Branding Strategy for News Channels in India. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, Volume 12, Issue 2, 8-15.
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2019). A Commentary on Economic Impact of Climate Change on Indian Farmers. Journal of Global Economy, 15(4), 255-264.
Book Review and Cases Published
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2020). Book Review: “The Intelligence Trap”, by David Robson. South Asian Journal of Management, 24(2).
- Panwar, T., & Khan, K. (2020). Case: It is ‘Not’ Lonely at the Top: How Two Global Apparel Retailers Slug it out in India? Noida: Amity Journal of Management Research, 5(1).
Corporate Training and Consulting
- Training Areas: Service Quality and Measurement, Performance Tools (Power BI, etc.)
- Corporate Clients: Aditya Birla, Bajaj Consumers, Asian Paints, Mahindra & Mahindra
- Consulting Areas: Market Research and Data Analytics