Prof Geeta Shetti
Prof. Geeta Shetti is a Marketing faculty by profession with a rich Pharmaceutical Marketing experience. She has more than three decades of combined experience of Industry and Teaching. In the field of Product/Brand Management of pharmaceuticals she has over 22 years of experience. After completing her Pharmacy graduation in 1985 she pursued her MMS degree at Chetana’s Ramprasad Khandelwal Institute of Management and Research (CRKIMR), the second oldest premier B School in Mumbai. This experience of 22 years spans across four pharmaceutical companies beginning with Wockhardt ltd., Raptakos & Brett ltd., FDC ltd. and Centaur ltd.
While working at Centaur ltd., she started visiting assignments of teaching for about 2 years on the insistence of a friend working as a Marketing faculty. The 2 years of teaching as a Visiting faculty encouraged her to join Academics as a full time profession on 7th August 2009 at her very own Alumnus institute CRKIMR. The transition from Industry to Academics was indeed smooth as there is a lot of teaching/training imparted to the Medical Representatives (M.R) in the pharmaceutical companies. The pharmaceutical market valued at 42 billion (15.8 % growth rate) is highly competitive with every M.R vying to get a share of prescriptions from the Doctor for his/her brand and thus the M.R needs a lot of teaching to highlight the benefits of his/her brand over the competitors.
Prof. Geeta Shetti is currently the HOD of Marketing specialisation and has completed more than 13 years at CRKIMR. The teaching continues to be very challenging and an enjoyable task as she gets an opportunity to interact with the young and energetic MBA students joining the Institute every year. Her academic wealth includes a collection of more than three thousand students who have passed out from CRKIMR and now working in many reputed Organisations across the country.
Her teaching spans across various Marketing subjects such as:
- Negotiation & Selling Skills -1st Semester
- Marketing Management, Marketing Application & Practices -2nd Semester
- Consumer Behaviour, Sales & Distribution Management, Product & Brand Management and Services Marketing in 3rd Semester
- Emerging Trends in Marketing -4th Semester
- Master of Management Studies (Marketing), Chetana’s R K Institute of Management and Research -1997
- B. Pharm , C.U. Shah College of Pharmacy – 1985
IQAC Faculty Co-ordinator
As an IQAC Faculty Co-ordinator, Geeta Shetti has kept an ongoing check on all the Academic activities of all the subjects for Sem-1, Sem-2, Sem-3 and Sem 4 of the Batch 2019-21. The IQAC work begins with collating the Session plan from Faculty members, comparing it with Mumbai University syllabus, monitoring the session wise lectures conducted as per the scheduled Time-table by checking the subject wise Floor plan, evaluating the Question paper as per the topics taught and by co-relating with the CO:PO of the subject and lastly interacting with the Faculty concerned for any further comments/suggestions to be made
Other Academic responsibilities include:
- Providing Mentorship to the students to strengthen their Personality traits and skills
- Menotring the students for Summer Internship projects (SIP) with an average of about 20 students mentored every year over the last 12 years
- Guiding the 4th Semester students to complete the 300 marks CAPSTONE projects from conceptualiation to submission of the Black book report
- Organisisng Guest speakers to provide a practical/Industry perspective to students and strengthen the theoritical concepts being taught to them.
a-Mr Nidhish Devadiga, Marketing Manager, Godrej Interio for 2020-22 batch
b-Mr Akshay Abhange, Business Development Manager, Nestle for 2019-21 batch
c Ms. Pooja Patil – Business Analyst, Accenture Strategy for 2019-21 batch
- Networking with Industry friends/colleagues to suceesfully organise events such as ELIXIR, VIPANAN, ARTHNAAD, International Research Conferen, Khandelwal Case Study competition, H.R Conclave, Convocation, Reminescence etc.
- Contributing to various Committees like Guest Relations, Food & Beverages, Discipline, Sponsorship, Unfair Means, Women Development Cell (WDC) etc.
- Organising multi-fold CSR initiatives with students such as:
- Limit My Screen Time with New Horozons Child Development Centre
- Beach Cleaning drive at Bandra with TATA Technologies
- Water Conservation programs with SOSVA foundation
- Street child education in association with Fulora Foundation
- Drug abuse awareness programs with Mumbai Police
- Teaching the Night school students at Sane Guruji Vidyalaya, Bandra
Innovative methods and techniques adopted for Teaching include:
- Adopting Flipped-classroom technique for the subject Negotiation & Selling skills and Marketing Management
- Understanding the Sectoral data by sharing the latest Marketing White Book 2020-21 for students presentations for Marketing Management subject
- Inviting guest-sessions by Alumni for subject related topics for subjects like Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Management, Negotiation & Selling skills etc.
- Extending the virtual classroom techniques through Whatsapp for sharing Marketing related news articles, You tube videos, Brand advertisements and Product launches beyond the class room hours
- Teaching through Case studies from the Fortune Next 500 magazine and self-developed Case studies like Ghadi detergent, FOGG, NYKAA, Pulse candy etc.
- Using many Consulting company reports like BCG, Mckinsey & Co, Accenture Strategy etc and Case studies from various Marketing magazines
- Worked as Manager-Marketing Services of Select Division at FDC ltd.. from June 2005 till April 2007 with a team of 5 Product Managers and a Design artist
- Worked in Raptakos & Brett Co. from April 1990 to June 2005 and designed many strategies to build mega brands like Neogadine, Threptin, Lactodex, Zerolac, Neopeptine etc
- Worked at the grass root level with M.Rs as the Zonal Sales Manager of Kerala state in Raptakos & Brett for the April 2001-March 02 financial year; achieved a record sales volume growth of 33% over the previous year
- Worked as Product Executive in the Pharmaceutical division of Wockhardt Ltd from December 87 till March 90
- Joined Armour Chemicals Limited as Management Trainee for a period of six months from June to November 1987, handling the feasibility study of Bulk drugs
Certifications & other Scholastic Achievements
- Certification by ATAL Academy for completing the Online Elementary FDP on “ Pricing Tactics and Analytics “ from 10th January to 14th January 2022 by International Management Institute, Bhubaneshwar
- Certification by ATAL Academy for completing the Online Elementary FDP on the theme “Consulting: Building a Vibrant Industry –Academia Ecosystem” from 26th to 30th July 2021 by Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Benagaluru
- Participated and completed the AICTE 5-day Online FDP on the theme “Inculcating Universal Human Values in Technical Education” from 8th to 12th March 2021
- Participated in the Online sessions conducted by Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) of MHRD’s Innovation Cell, New Delhi to promote Innovation, IPR, Entreprenurship and Start-ups among HEIs from 28th April to 22nd May 2020 during the Covid-19 nationwide lockdown
- Attended AICTE approved training programme of Mumbai University on Online Screen Marking(OSM) on 26th April 2017 at D.J.Sanghvi College of Engineering
Online and Offline FDP programs attended
- Attending a 8 weeks SWAYAM portal FDP course of Marketing Management conducted by Prof. Jayanta Chatterjee, IIT Kanpur from 21st Feb to 15th April 22
- Attended a 4 hour workshop FDP on ‘Power BI’ conducted by Prof.Tapish Panwar on 17th February 2022
- Attended a 4 hour workshop FDP on ‘Disaster Management’ conducted by Prof. Paritosh Joshi on 17th February 2022
- Attended a Webinar on Criteria 3- NBA Accreditation organized by Inpods Ed-Tech on 28th June 2021
- Faculty Development Program on ‘How to Frame Course Objectives’ organized by CRKIMR in Feb 2021
- Faculty Engagement Program – Demystifying a Case Study’ organized by CRK IMR in Aug 2020
- Three Day Faculty Development Program on NBA Process and Documentation’ organized by CRKIMR in August 2020
- Attended the First Ever Virtual event for Asian Educators from 23rd to 26th June 2020 organized by EduTECH Virtual
- Completed One week STTP on Emerging Trends in Research Methods (Online mode) from 8th June to 13th June 2020 organized by REST Society for Research International (RSRI), India
- Completed One week STTP on Statistical Analysis in SPSS software (Online mode) from 1st June to 6th June 2020 organized by REST Society for Research International (RSRI), India
- Attended One week STTP on Recent Trends in Research Methodology from 25th May to 29th May 2020 organized by REST Society for Research International (RSRI), India
- Participated in the National webinar on “Data Centricity in Administration – a NAAC Perspective’ organized by IQAC of Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics on 19th May 2020
- Participated in the National webinar on “Self Plagiarism –Ethical and Legal Dimensions” organized by IQAC and Conference Committee of Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics on 18th May 2020
- Attended the Faculty Learning Programme on ‘Changes in the Higher Education Sector and Strategies for Management Education in India’ on 6th May 2020
- Attended a 1 day Workshop organized by AICTE and Clarivate Analytics on: Aiming for Excellence: Pathways to Institutional Advancement through Research on 30th Nov 2017 at COEP, Shivajinagar, Pune