Chetana’s Ramprasad Khandelwal Institute of Management & Research (CRKIMR ) is an approved Ph. D. Research Center, affiliated to University of Mumbai. The doctoral students at the CRKIMR are involved in high quality research in management domain aided by best in the class research and learning facilities at the institute. The Center follows the UGC and University guidelines released from time to time.
Rules and regulations
Rules and regulations regarding admission to PhD are framed by the University of Mumbai from time to time in line with the framework provided by University Grants Commission. In general a candidate for the PhD programme must have secured 55% or CGPA of B Plus at the Masters Level.
- Candidates applying for the Ph. D Programme need to pass the PhD Entrance Test (PET) conducted by the University of Mumbai twice in a year.
Candidates with any one or more of the following qualifications are exempted from appearing for PET.
- Qualified in GATE/ SET / NET / JRF Examination / teacher fellowship holder of the apex bodies CSIR / UGC/ ICAR/ICMR/ DBT only.
- Those who have completed M.Phil. Degree from University of Mumbai or any other recognized Universities as per UGC guidelines from time to time.
- Approved teachers affiliated to the University Department or affiliated colleges having not less than FIVE years of full time continuous teaching experience after the date of the first approval of appointment of the University of Mumbai.
- Eligible shortlisted candidates will undergo interview by a PhD Interview Committee comprising of experts . Only those applicants whom the panel finds suitable to do serious and relevant research will be selected.
- The eligible candidates who have been allotted PhD supervisors are required to submit an outline of their research proposal to be forwarded to the Research and Recognition Committee (RRC) for consideration. After the approval of the RRC, the candidates shall submit their application for registration for PhD programme to the Thesis Section of the University of Mumbai.
- Every candidate has to complete a six month long PhD course work conducted by the Institute. Those who have completed MPhil from the University of Mumbai or any other University recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and whose date of registration for the same was before 11th July 2009, are exempted from PhD course work.
- All research students are required to renew their admission each term within a week of the opening of the term by submitting the prescribed form along with the term fees. Such applications for renewal are to be countersigned by the Guiding Teacher and Head of the Department.
Information on PET
- The Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) will be conducted by the University of Mumbai twice in a year i.e. in January-February and July-August every year.
- A Notification will be published in the Newspapers (One English and One Marathi paper as per the policy of University) and also displayed on the University website on or before 10th December.
- Applications in the prescribed format will be invited from interested candidates by the thesis section within 21days from the date of notification, A Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- in the name of ‘Finance & Accounts Officer of the University of Mumbai’ must be received for registering for the Ph. D. Entrance Test (PET). Candidates belonging to the reserved category (as defined by the State Government policy) will pay the fees by Demand draft of Rs. 500/- only.
- The list of successful candidates will be declared on the University website www.mu.ac.in within twenty-five (25) days from the date of the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET).
- Successful candidates will then be eligible to apply for registration at the recognized research centre/centers of the University.
The candidates are requested to follow those guidelines.
- University of Mumbai Circular
- University of Mumbai Guidelines
- University of Mumbai Ph.D. List
- University of Mumbai Re-Promulgation
- Title Page Format