Annual Marketing Conclave -VIPANAN
Concept Note – Vipanan 2023
Marketing Reimagined: Trends, Tactics & Technological triumphs
Summary of the theme:
“Marketing Reimagined: Trends, Tactics & Technological Triumphs” is a theme that explores the dynamic evolution of modern marketing. It stretches beyond traditional boundaries, highlighting following key areas of focus.
Firstly, it delves into the role of artificial intelligence (AI) in reshaping marketing. This includes AI’s application in predictive analytics, chatbots, personalized recommendations, and data-driven decision-making, ultimately enhancing customer experiences and marketing strategies.
Neuro marketing takes center stage, revealing how understanding consumer behavior, emotions, and cognitive responses can enhance marketing effectiveness.
Emphasizing on sustainability, promoting eco-conscious and ethical marketing practices as integral components of brand identity.
The power of storytelling in branding is explored, illustrating how compelling narratives foster brand loyalty and deeper customer engagement.
Additionally, participants discover the value of data-driven marketing, digital transformation, content marketing, influencer marketing, customer-centric approaches, Omni channel strategies, and emerging technologies like augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) in the modern marketing landscape.
The theme also recognizes the global nature of modern marketing, encouraging participants to consider cross-cultural marketing strategies for international expansion. In essence, “Marketing Reimagined” inspires marketers and students to embrace change, think creatively, and adapt to thrive in a dynamic and competitive field.
Suggested Event Flow:
- Opening Ceremony
- Chief Guest will address the audience.
- Panel Discussion with student moderator
- Competition for Senior students (Given Below)
- Closing Ceremony
Elimination round: Product based.
- A website for your product (2 pages compulsory: Landing page and About Us)
- A creative ad for the product
- An attractive tagline
- Rapid fire round on day of submission of print-out. To be judged by faculty.
Duration: 3 days
Participants in each team: 6
Pitch Timing: 2 minutes
Team Formation: (PG-4, MMS-2)
The participants will be provided with a generic product (e.g. T-shirt). They will be provided 3 days to come up with a brand name for the product company, a web page with justification for the brand name and a proper about us page. They need to come up with an attractive tagline for the product and make a creative ad around it. On the day of submission, the participants will be quizzed on the classroom learnings based on the product.
Final Round: Brand X Challenge
A random product will be given to the qualifying teams which will be basic and then they have to add some innovation to identify and solve a customer problem. The final round of presentation will have to cover the following points:
I. Introduction (2 minutes)
- Begin with a catchy hook or attention-grabbing statement.
- Introduce your team members briefly.
- Provide an overview of the competition challenge: creating a new brand for a random product.
II. Product Introduction (2 minutes)
- Reveal the random product you’ve been assigned.
- Describe the product’s features and benefits.
- Highlight any unique or distinguishing characteristics.
III. Customer Problem (3 minutes)
- Identify a specific problem or pain point that your target audience faces.
- Share data or insights to support the existence and significance of this problem.
- Explain how your product can address this problem effectively.
IV. Brand Story (3 minutes)
- Craft a compelling narrative that explains the origin and purpose of your brand.
- Define your brand’s values, mission, and vision.
- Connect your brand story to the identified customer problem.
V. Branding and Positioning (2 minutes)
- Describe your brand’s name, logo, and visual identity.
- Explain how these elements align with your brand story.
- Discuss your brand’s positioning in the market (e.g., affordable luxury, eco-friendly, innovative).
VI. Target Audience (2 minutes)
- Define your primary and secondary target demographics.
- Provide insights into their needs, preferences, and behaviours.
- Explain why your brand resonates with this audience.
VII. Competitive Analysis (2 minutes)
- Identify key competitors in the market.
- Analyze their strengths and weaknesses.
- Highlight what sets your brand apart and your unique selling points (USPs).
VIII. Marketing Strategy (3 minutes)
- Describe your marketing mix (4Ps: Product, Price, Place, Promotion).
- Explain your pricing strategy and rationale.
- Outline your distribution channels and marketing tactics.
- Share your promotional strategies, including digital marketing, social media, advertising, and PR.
IX. Sales and Revenue Projections (2 minutes)
- Provide realistic sales projections for the first year.
- Explain your revenue model and sales channels.
- Discuss the break-even point and profitability timeline.
X. Budget Allocation (1 minute)
- Present a breakdown of your marketing budget.
- Justify the allocation of funds to various marketing activities.
XI. Implementation Timeline (1 minute)
- Outline the timeline for executing your marketing plan.
- Highlight key milestones and deadlines.
XII. Conclusion (1 minute)
- Summarize the key points of your presentation.
- Reiterate how your brand solves the customer problem and fulfils their needs.
Smart Plant Pot:
- Product: A plant pot equipped with sensors and an app to help users care for their plants.
- Customer Problem: Difficulty in maintaining indoor plants due to lack of knowledge or time.
- Brand Story: A brand dedicated to helping people nurture their love for plants effortlessly.
- Product: A sustainable toothbrush made from bamboo instead of plastic.
- Customer Problem: Environmental concerns related to plastic pollution and waste.
- Brand Story: A brand committed to reducing plastic waste and promoting eco-friendly oral care.